Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jason Mayden Interview on the Jordan 2009

So I have kept my voice shut till this time about the Air Jordan 2009. Below is a breif video of Jordan Brand own Jason Mayden. The designer of the Eminem Jordan Retro 2 collaboration and many of the Dornbecher (Children Hospital) collaborations as well.

You have to respect dude for where he is coming from on a brand perspective. I am now diggin the shoe a little more than what I was before now that I hear what is going into the shoe technology wise. At first glance most people are like ugh, but others I still here can't wait to try these out on the court. What people have to understand is that Jordan Brand is about "performance" first and "lifestyle" second. Meaning that while most hypebeast wait for something to be dope aesthetic wise, the performance will always come first with MJ. Check out the vid and leave comments on what you think! Peace!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I do agree, it is a performance shoe. But I wish that Mayden could've been more creative on the design. The shoe looks like an upgraded model of the Air Jordan XIV. I too would like to hoop in the 2009, but I refuse to pay $190.00 for these. Friends and family day and discounts will be the main cause for this purchase.

Swave232 said...

Could not have said it better myself with the last sentence! F/F will definitely be in the works if these are going to happen. That or either wait until they go on clearance by the next colorway. I have seen some of the earlier sketches before the released photos and they looked better to me. It does resemble the XIV but to be honest what "numbered" series Jordan doesn't resemble it's previous model? But I feel ya!