Friday, July 17, 2009

Look Who is coming to Jordan Brand.....

Associated Press -- Dwyane Wade has officially left Converse and joined the Jordan Brand. Announced this morning, Wade has ended his relationship with Converse, a subsidiary of Nike, to join his idol's brand which is also a subsidiary of Nike. According to Wade, "I didn't want to be in the Converse brand anymore because it seemed like they didn't know what to do with me. I want to go global. It's something I feel like I have to do. I want to continue to build my brand". The power and scope of the Jumpman will undoubtedly give Wade the opportunity for even greater exposure in the overall market but especially within the footwear market. Wade has been trying for several years to transfer to the Jordan Brand saying that it was a dream of his, "I grew up on the south side of Chicago idolizing Michael Jordan and have worked hard to achieve the same success that he's had on the court," Wade said. "I have enormous respect for this brand."

The upcoming Converse WADE 5 will more than likely be cancelled and Wade will being to wear Jordan Brand footwear and apparel immediately. Though the Jordan Brand roster has taken shots in the past for not featuring many superstars, Wade joins a team that already features Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, and Ray Allen. Converse on the other hand, looses it's main endorser and a huge footprint in the Basketball category that it once dominated.

No comments: